I am an interdisciplinary researcher with a background in communication design, cultural studies, and philosophy. My current research interest is environmental or geographic imaginaries in the Anthropocene.
Latest Commission: Modern Art Oxford
I can call myself a ‘Creative Associate (Digital)’ of MAO, which is a fun title. I have been commissioned to lead a pilot digital art piece with the wide-open theme of ‘Creative Uncertainty’. The interactive outcome will be publicly available in Summer 2020.
‘The Yard’. Gallery entrance designed by KLH architects. Photo: MAO.
Making Air Personal and Political
At the Royal College of Art (2018-19), I completed a master’s thesis that compared artistic and scientific techniques for mapping the air we breathe…
Research Interests: breath, phenomenology, embodiment, multi-species storytelling, entanglement, atmosphere, new materialisms, sensory maps, first-person geographies, citizen-science, cultural climatology.
- May 2019. Atmospheric Cartography Workshop. The University of Brighton.
- April 2019. Training Day for Tutors and Technicians. University for Creative Arts (UCA), Epsom.
- 2018-2019. Experimental workshops: Lungs and Lichen, Lungs and Landscapes, Lungs and Atmos, Atmospheric Cartography. Royal College of Art, London.
- Sept-Dec 2017. Interface & Interaction Design: Graphic Design Year Two. University for the Creative Arts (UCA), Epsom.
- July 2017. User Experience Design Fundamentals. Founders & Coders, London.
- 2016–present. Yoga Instruction. London and Brighton.
Thank you for today, it was a great session. The students definitely gained a lot from it. I’ll be in touch again to see if you can come back next year! – Dr Tom Ainsworth, Senior Lecturer in Architecture & Design, University of Brighton.
Excellent session… full of information we can use to assist students. – Nicholas Mckay, Creative IT Technician, UCA.
Very helpful and informative series of lectures and exercises geared towards implementation and prototyping. – Adam Knight, Senior Lecturer in Fashion Promotion and Imagery, UCA.
Selected Qualifications & Awards
- 2018-19. MRes RCA: Communication Design Pathway – Pass (Excellent).
- 2016. BA Liberal Arts, Durham University – First Class Hons.
- 2013. VC’s Scholarship for Academic Excellence at Year End.
- 2016-17, 2018-20. Yoga Alliance Teacher Training 200-HRS, ” 500-HRS.
- 9.1/10 from 1,800+ readers on Yoga International.
- Alumna of Founders & Coders peer-lead coding course.
I worked as a freelance website designer and yoga teacher before undertaking an MRes in Communication Design at the Royal College of Art (2018-19). I hold a BA First Class Hons in Philosophy, French and Spanish from Durham University. My irreverence towards the boundaries of scientific and artistic disciplines is both a strength and a weakness.
CV available on request.