I am an interdisciplinary thinker. My creative research draws upon speculative design and cultural geography to articulate atmospheric themes.
Latest Commission: Modern Art Oxford
As ‘Creative Associate (Digital)’ at MAO, I am leading a community art project entitled ‘breathworks’, which will launch during an ‘Instagram takeover’ in August 2020. The aim of this pilot project is twofold. First, we are trying to engage digital audiences who might not attend the gallery in person. Second, we are also hoping to introduce conscious breathing as a mindfulness technique during browsing sessions.
This is a pilot project and we are actively seeking collaborators and funding opportunities to continue developing breathworks across multiple channels and interventions. Please get in touch if you are interested in potentially taking part.
‘The Yard’. Gallery entrance designed by KLH architects. Photo: MAO.
Making Air Personal and Political
At the Royal College of Art (2018-19), I completed a master’s thesis that compared artistic and scientific techniques for mapping the air we breathe…
Research Interests: breath, phenomenology, embodiment, multi-species storytelling, entanglement, atmosphere, new materialisms, sensory maps, first-person geographies, citizen-science, cultural climatology.
- May 2019. Atmospheric Cartography Workshop. The University of Brighton.
- April 2019. Training Day for Tutors and Technicians. University for Creative Arts (UCA), Epsom.
- 2018-2019. Experimental workshops: Lungs and Lichen, Lungs and Landscapes, Lungs and Atmos, Atmospheric Cartography. Royal College of Art, London.
- Sept-Dec 2017. Interface & Interaction Design: Graphic Design Year Two. University for the Creative Arts (UCA), Epsom.
- July 2017. User Experience Design Fundamentals. Founders & Coders, London.
- 2016–present. Yoga Instruction. London and Brighton.
It was a great session. The students definitely gained a lot from it. I’ll be in touch again to see if you can come back next year! – Dr Tom Ainsworth, Senior Lecturer in Architecture & Design, University of Brighton.
Excellent session… full of information we can use to assist students. – Nicholas Mckay, Creative IT Technician, UCA.
Very helpful and informative series of lectures and exercises geared towards implementation and prototyping. – Adam Knight, Senior Lecturer in Fashion Promotion and Imagery, UCA.
Selected Qualifications & Awards
- 2018-19. MRes RCA: Communication Design Pathway – Pass (Excellent).
- 2016. BA Liberal Arts, Durham University – First Class Hons.
- 2013. VC’s Scholarship for Academic Excellence at Year End.
- 2016-17, 2018-20. Yoga Alliance Teacher Training 200-HRS, ” 500-HRS.
- Published in Yoga International and OM Yoga & Lifestyle magazine.
- Alumna of Founders & Coders peer-lead coding course.
I worked as a UX designer and website developer before undertaking an MRes in Communication Design at the Royal College of Art (2018-19). I hold a BA in Philosophy, French and Spanish from Durham University (2012–16, First Class). I enjoy teaching and practising yoga. My spiritual home is jogging into the wind while the fog rolls in.
CV and Artist Statement available on request.