Hello, Lucy here, I’m a practising communication designer and researcher with a background in philosophy. I also teach yoga.
My current research explores artistic and scientific techniques for mapping the air we breathe. I call this multidisciplinary field of knowledge ‘Atmospheric Cartography’.
Ultimately, the aim of my research is to make air personal and political using maps.
- May 2019. Atmospheric Cartography Workshop. University of Brighton.
- April 2019. Training Day for Tutors and Technicians. University for Creative Arts (UCA), Epsom.
- 2018-2019. Experimental workshops: Lungs and Lichen, Lungs and Landscapes, Lungs and Atmos, Atmospheric Cartography. Royal College of Art, London.
- Sept-Dec 2017. Interface & Interaction Design: Graphic Design Year Two. University for the Creative Arts (UCA), Epsom.
- July 2017. User Experience Design Fundamentals. Founders & Coders, London.
- 2016–present. Yoga Instruction. London and Brighton.
Thank you for today, it was a great session. The students definitely gained a lot from it. I’ll be in touch again to see if you can come back next year! – Dr Tom Ainsworth, Senior Lecturer in Architecture & Design, University of Brighton.
Excellent session… full of information we can use to assist students. – Nicholas Mckay, Creative IT Technician, UCA.
Very helpful and informative series of lectures and exercises geared towards implementation and prototyping. – Adam Knight, Senior Lecturer in Fashion Promotion and Imagery, UCA.
Qualifications & Awards
- 2018-19. MRes RCA: Communication Design Pathway – Result Pending.
- 2016. BA Liberal Arts, Durham University – First Class Hons.
- 2013. VC’s Scholarship for Academic Excellence at Year End.
- Yoga Alliance Teacher Training 200 + 500 hours.
- 9.1/10 from 1,800+ readers on Yoga International.
- Alumna of Founders & Coders peer-lead coding course (1/10 applicants accepted). Web development portfolio here.
French | Spanish
I spent my undergraduate ‘year abroad’ in France and Spain. The year involved a six-month translation internship in Neuilly–sur–Seine, Paris, followed by a five-month ERASMUS programme in Fine Arts at the Universidad de Vigo, Galicia. Since then, I have volunteered for an NGO in Peru and backpacked across Mexico with local friends.
Research Interests: breath, phenomenology, embodiment, multi-species storytelling, entanglement, atmosphere, new materialisms, sensory maps, first-person geographies, citizen-science, cultural climatology.